Job offer: Executive Director
The Historical Acadian Village of Nova Scotia
91 Old Church Road, Lower West Pubnico, NS
Located on a beautiful 17-acre site with views of Pubnico Harbor, the Historical Acadian Village of Nova Scotia invites you to take a step back in time and discover the heart, life and culture of the Acadians during the beginning of the 1900s.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director manages all activities of the Historical Acadian Village of NS. It ensures sound management of the organization both at the level of the work team and the administrative aspect. The person will be responsible for the following tasks:
• the design, development and implementation of cultural and community programming as well as special projects;
• communications and marketing; and
• management of human, financial, information and material resources.
• College or university education in social sciences, education, administration, human resources or related field or equivalent experience
• Experience in running a non-profit organization will be an asset
• Excellent communication skills in both French and English, both oral and written
• Excellent decision-making, teamwork, leadership and writing skills
• Excellent human resources management skills
• Good knowledge of Acadian history and culture
• Ability to work alone and in a team
• Excellent ability to develop and maintain relationships
• Excellent organizational, management and leadership skills to lead the team in a positive environment
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook software
• Ability to use social media
Working conditions: permanent job, full-time position, day, evening and weekend availability, 35 hours per week, flexible hours, business language is French.
Start Date: April 1, 2019
Salary: To be negotiated according to experience and skills
How to Apply: Send a resume and cover letter in French, by email, deadline December 20, 2018, to:
Job offers of employment contingent upon the successful candidate providing a satisfactory criminal record check and a vulnerable sector check.Only applications received in French will be considered. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.