Job offer for student at the Village Historique Acadien.
Position Title: Interpretive Guide
Organisation: The Village Historique Acadien de la N-É
Position Location: Lower West Pubnico, Nova Scotia
Work month: June 1 to August 28, 2020
Duration of employment: 13 weeks
Hourly Wage: $ 12.75
All students must:
- be registered in the online YCW candidate bank;
- commit to working during the entire hiring period;
- not have any other full-time job (more than 30 hours per week) during employment.
In addition, any student who participates in the summer program must:
-have been a full-time student (as defined by their educational institution) in the session preceding their employment;
- intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following their employment.
This work includes:
- Attend the planning of the interpretation.
- Interpreting the daily life of the Acadians of yesteryear.
- Ensures that it is able to offer visitors a memorable experience.
- And most importantly - Working with our visitors.
- Knowledge of the history of Acadians, and an appreciation of the importance of the Village Historique Acadien for Acadians, as well as visitors.
- The candidate must be bilingual.
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Roland d'Eon at (902) 762-2530.