The Acadian Historical Village of Nova Scotia
91 Old Church Road, Lower West Pubnico, NS
Located on a beautiful 17-acre site with views of the Pubnico Harbour, the Historic Acadian Village of Nova Scotia invites you to take a step back in time and discover the heart, life and culture of the Acadians during the early 1900s.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Director plans, organizes and directs quality programs and events.
• Establishes the schedule of the various programs and events;
• Coordinates the planning, organization and execution of various programs, cultural and historical events as well as fundraising activities while respecting the human, financial and material resources available to him(her); participates in and evaluates these.
• Prepares and drafts advertising and information programs to promote activities and events;
• Manages the use of premises, equipment or materials, handles procurement and inventories;
• Obtains goods, services; negotiates partnerships, agreements, arrangements;
• Establishes and maintains links with organizations, partners and suppliers;
• Performs other related tasks requested by the Executive Director;
• Assumes the responsibilities of the Executive Director, in his(her) absence.
• Sense of initiative, teamwork and leadership;
• Creativity, dynamism, openness, innovative thinking;
• Autonomy, resourcefulness and sense of organization;
• Good knowledge of French and English, both written and spoken;
• Relational and communicative skills;
• Attention to detail and good ability to manage deadlines;
• Ability to negotiate for prices related to budgets;
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office) and the use of social media.
Salary: to be negotiated
Working conditions: permanent, full-time over a period of 9 months a year, 35 hours a week, flexible hours, mainly during the day, but also during evenings and weekends.
How to Apply: Please send a CV and cover letter in French, by email, deadline January 10, 2020, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job offers: Conditional if the successful candidate provides a satisfactory criminal record check and background to work with vulnerable persons.
Only applications received in French will be considered. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.