Although we still have much work to do to be fully accessible, we do offer the following and welcome you to the museum. We will update this page as we make improvements.
Welcome Centre (Main Building)
- Designated accessible parking spaces
- Power door opener
- Accessible washrooms
- Seating is available both inside and on the property
- A staff driven golf cart may be available during your visit (call ahead)
- The gift shop is located on the main level and has wide pathways
- Café du Crique is located on the main level and offers both indoor and outdoor dining (picnic tables).
A Note about the Historic Buildings
- There are eight historic buildings on seventeen acres of land. Our roads and pathways are not paved.
- Five of the buildings (Amphitheatre, Post Office, Augustin d’Eon Fish Shed, Trefry Blacksmith Shop and the small barn) have a ramp or level entry to the main floor.
- Three buildings (Maison Duon, Maison Maximin d’Entremont and Abbott Harbour Lighthouse) only have steps.
- Upper levels of buildings are not open to the public.
- Staff are on hand to share stories and answer questions